SKIP HIRE ACTON, WEST LONDON
Metro Waste have been trading for over 25 years and are London’s leading waste management company. We provide reliable, low-cost skip hire throughout most of West London, including Acton W3.
Maybe your house in Acton needs de-cluttering or the garage or loft needs clearing of all the excess junk. Perhaps you’ve just fitted a new kitchen or bathroom and need to dispose of the old one.
If you’ve decided to spruce up the garden or demolish that old shed to make space for a new one, you’ll need to get rid of all that unwanted waste at some point. That’s when it’s time to call in the waste removal professionals.
If you’ve never hired a skip before and are not sure what it entails, or whether you’ll need a skip permit for the Acton area, our friendly office team are always on hand to help with any questions you may have. We can also help you decide what size skip you’ll need to hire, and can offer expert advice based on the amount of waste that needs removing.
Commercial skip hire
Is your Acton business having a refit or do you have an ongoing waste stream that needs clearing regularly? Have you just taken over a shop or office that’s full of litter and debris that needs removing? If so, get in touch to find out more about what option will be right for the job.
Acton construction sites
Are you a property developer in Acton that needs your site kept clear and free of building site debris? If so, Metro Waste provide a range of skip sizes to choose from so you can pick the size that’s right for you. We provide great trade rates for ongoing skip hire and skip exchanges and there’s also our convenient wait and load service as well.
If any of the above scenarios apply to you, get in touch with Metro Waste to see how we can help you clear away your waste in Acton, West London W3, W4, W12 and NW10.
Service summary: Cheap skip hire in Acton, West London W3 W4 W12 and NW10. Great prices and quick delivery. We also cover all of South West London too.
Various skip sizes
Wait and load available
Business & residential
Is hiring a skip in Acton not an option?There are times when a skip just isn’t suitable for the job. Our Acton rubbish clearance service is a great alternative. We’re fully insured and are a Licensed Waste Carrier with the Environment Agency. Did you know?
- Acton was the birthplace of The Who, and all band members except Keith Moon went to Acton High School.
- Pete Townshend’s 1982 solo album, All the Best Cowboys Have Chinese Eyes, contained the track “Stardom in Acton” in reference to his hometown. The music video was filmed on and around Acton High Street.
- The Monty Python sketch ‘Bicycle Repair Man’ was filmed in Churchfield Road and part of the sketch ‘Hell’s Grannies’ was shot on Acton High Street.
- Leo Sayer’s 1983 single Orchard Road refers to Churchfield Road in Acton.
- The TV series Minder featured Arthur Daley’s car lot, which was by the railway bridge in The Vale. The entrance to the Winchester Club in Newburgh Road off Churchfield Road. Arthur’s lock-up was on the Bush Industrial Estate and several Minder locations that featured through series 7 to 10 were filmed in Acton.
- Parts of Acton were used for filming The Sweeney and early episodes of The Bill.
- The first Waitrose store in the UK was in Acton. The store was originally called Waite, Rose and Taylor, which opened in 1904 at 263 Acton Hill. It’s claimed that a commemorative plaque that is inserted into the pavement outside was done so because it wasn’t possible to get the permission of the current owners to fix it to the wall of the building.
- Scenes from the 1986 movie Aliens and the 1989 movie Batman were shot inside the disused Acton Lane Power Station.
- Several scenes from the Ken Loach film “Ladybird Ladybird” were filmed around Acton including The Mount, the Town Hall, Vyner Road and Cumberland Park.
- Scenes from the music video ‘Let’s Push Things Forward’ by The Streets are filmed in North Acton playing fields.
- The family home of Jimmy Cooper, the lead character in The Who’s film, Quadrophenia, was in Wells House Road, Acton. When it was left derelict, the house was soon stripped of pretty much everything by fans of the cult movie.
- Scenes from the TV series Silent Witness are filmed around Acton and Park Royal. Probably due to the fact that Silent Witness’s production offices and sets are at nearby BBC Park Western in North Acton.